Friday, January 22, 2010

X-men Supreme Issue 3 Preview

Just one week left until the next update for X-men Supreme! The new issue is nearly complete. So far I'm very pleased with how this fanfiction series has begun. I hope it continues to blossom and I hope more support for it comes as bigger and better events unfold. I have a lot planned both short term and long term. These first few issues are critical and issue 3 entitled "Competition" is no different. Below is an extended preview if the issue.

Suddenly, Xavier stopped as his computer screen began to flicker. At first he thought it was just typical technical troubles, but it quickly got worse. Taking his hands off the keyboard, he looked on curiously as the lights around him soon followed, casting an eerie light upon his office.

“What in the name of…”

But before he could finish the metal objects on his desk came to life, levitating in mid air and swirling around his wheelchair. Pushing himself back from the desk, he looked over towards the window where he saw nothing except a bright, sunny day. But Professor Xavier didn’t need to see anything to know what was going on.

“I know you’re here,” he called out, “Come out, Erik. Or should I say…Magneto.”

The window then flew open, causing a gust of wind to flow through the room. Papers were kicked up in the wind and several books from his shelves fell to the floor. The metal that had been shaking was now swirling in a whirlwind. Through this chaos an ominous figure hovered in mid air just outside. It was a figure Xavier quickly recognized. He held firm to his wheelchair as he watched him casually enter his office.

He bore an imposing demeanor, covered from head to toe in a dark purplish body suit with a red cape fluttering in the wind behind him. His face was clearly ravaged by time, but his expression was strong and cold. His eyes were dark, having clearly witnessed some very morbid scenes in the past. They were like a window to a very troubled soul. And on his head was a strange looking helmet, casting his face in an ominous shadow.

“Hello Charles,” he said in a deep, ominous tone, “It’s been awhile.”

“It most certainly has Erik. But I see that time has not altered your choice of attire.”

“Still trying to get around my helmet?” said Erik, giving it a few taps, “You know I like to keep my thoughts private. I never did like you snooping around my mind.”

“I never read your mind, Erik,” said Xavier strongly, unafraid of the hovering figure before him, “I accept that you and I don’t see eye to eye on many key issues. But at least accept my respect for a friend’s privacy.”

The scowl on Erik’s face intensified as more metal from around the room began to swirl more violently. Yet Xavier remained unafraid, maintaining his poise as he stared down the old man before him.

“Still a man of principle I see,” he said, a strong hint of cynicism in his tone as he descended to the floor.

“I always have been,” asserted Xavier, “Even if you refuse to believe me.”

“It’s not that I don’t believe you, Charles. I simply don’t trust you. Not anymore.”

“Don’t tell me you came just to argue my trustworthiness,” he retorted.

“Of course not,” scoffed Erik, “I am not here to have that argument again. I am here because I have something much bigger planned.”

This is just a small sample. See the full story when the new issue comes out on January 29th! If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at the X-men Supreme homepage. Until next time, take care my fellow fanboys and fangirls!

Excelsior!

No comments:

Post a Comment