Friday, October 1, 2010

X-men Supreme Issue 21: Chasing A Memory PREVIEW

I know some are still getting used to this blog not having as many reviews anymore. I appreciate those who have commented thus far and offered their words of encouragement, discouragement, and understanding. With or without the reviews, this blog will continue and that includes updates on my website.

It's an exciting time! Just one week left before the conclusion of X-men Supreme Volume 1: Mutant Revolution! The end of the beginning of this fanfiction series has been building for quite a while now. Secrets have been revealed, new questions have been raised, and events have transpired that promise to shake up the world in which the X-men reside. The next issue should not only bring an end to the first volume, but wet everyone's appetite for the second!

With the end drawing near it's more important than ever that I get feedback both on this upcoming issue and the issues that preceded it. Please contact me and share your thoughts. Also, stay tuned to this blog for more updates. I hope to have some new material for the pics section of my website soon. Thanks again to all those who have supported this series! I hope it continues towards the end of Volume 1 and into future volumes of X-men Supreme. As always I've prepared an extended preview for all you X-men fanfiction fans exclusively for those who enjoy this blog. Excelsior!

“Are you okay?” she asked with a concerned tone, “You seem more distant than usual.”

“Can’t sneak anything past you, can I? You been slippin’ something in my beer?”

“You may be a man of many mysteries, but you’re no match for woman’s intuition,” she said coyly, “Now are you going to tell me or am I going to have to use more ‘persuasive’ methods.”

“I’ll save ya the trouble,” he said as he placed his hand over hers, “I just been thinkin’ a lot about us lately. You know I ain’t good with words so I haven’t been able to say what I’ve been meaning to say since we got here.”

“Oh? And what’s that?” she asked curiously.

Logan set his beer down and turned to face the beautiful woman. Standing in the soft moonlight, she was breathtaking. Everything about her captivated him from her long red hair to her alluring green eyes. She had all the right curves in all the right areas. It really showed in the blue bathrobe she was wearing. He wasn’t fazed by much. He could take bullets, knifes, and bombs. But it was only in her embrace he felt truly vulnerable.

“You’ve done a lot for me, darlin’. Hell, I hate to think where I might have ended up if I hadn’t met you. I could still be rotting in the trenches of some hell hole overseas fighting a war I don’t even care about. You made a hell of a sacrifice leavin’ your old life for me. Because of you, I have a chance to get away from the shit that’s made my life one bloody fight after another.”

“I don’t deserve all the credit,” she said as she leaned in closer to his warmth, “You saved me as well, remember? I owe you my life several times over.”

“That still ain’t enough for what you’ve given me,” he told her, “I ain’t smart, but I know who I am. I ain’t exactly a nice guy. With some of the shit I’ve done, there’s probably a special place in Hell waiting for me. But you see through that, darlin’.”

“That’s because beyond that ill-mannered outer shell I see a good man in you…a man that’s wroth loving,” she said strongly as she tenderly caressed his face.

“And that’s what I can never seem to get out,” he said distantly, “You’re more than just some pretty face who looks hot in that robe even at four in the morning. You’re someone who makes me wanna be more than just a killer.”

Logan than slipped his arms around her waist and took her in his powerful arms.

“You bring out the best in me. You saved more than just my life. You saved my soul. As corny as that sounds, it’s the truth.”

His tone was gruff and sincere. It brought tears to the beautiful woman’s eyes as she soaked up his warm embrace. He held her with the same loving grace as she held him. It felt right, so warm and secure. It was an embrace they both cherished. And with all the tender love her angelic form could offer, she pulled him into a soft kiss.

For Logan, it was the best feeling in the world. It was a feeling so good a man like him didn’t deserve it. But for whatever crazy game fate may be playing, he savored this moment. He was a complicated man with a complicated history, but none of that mattered so long as he was in the arms of the love of his life.

“I love you, Logan,” she said tenderly.

“I love you too, Rose.”

No comments:

Post a Comment