Friday, December 24, 2010

X-men Supreme Issue 23: Family and Fiends Part 2 PREVIEW

Well here we are, a day before Christmas and a week away from the first anniversary of the X-men Supreme fanfiction series. It's hard to believe that it's almost been a year already. X-men Supreme has come a long way and it still has so much further to go. The beginning of X-men Supreme Volume 2: War Powers has gotten things off to a solid beginning. I didn't get too many comments (there's still time to change that people!), but I'm satisfied with how I've got the ball rolling. This fanfiction series continues to expand with new and familiar X-men characters like Nightcrawler and Black Tom. I hope to have some entries on them in the bios section, but first the Family and Fiends arc must continue! Listed below is an extended preview of what you can expect in the next installment of X-men Supreme.


“We’re here,” said Black Tom, “You know what to do. Get in. Get the plans. Get out.”

“I know how zhis vorks,” said Kurt bitterly, “But it vould be much viser to come back late at night vhen there aren’t so many people.”

“We can’t afford to wait that long,” he said, “As we speak the military is working with Worthington’s army of well-paid eggheads to scan the plans onto secure mainframes. As soon as they’re done, they’ll destroy the originals. And I can’t have that.”

“You’re taking a much bigger risk by sending me in this blind! I may not even be able to extract the plans from zheir data drives.”

“Genosha used antiquated computer systems it stole form the old Soviet Union. I think you’re more than qualified to handle those systems. Wasn’t that the second thing your father taught you after fighting?”

Kurt tensed with anger at the mention of his father. But Black Tom was not intimidated. He just kept staring him down while casually twirling his cane.

“Enough with the stalling. Get going, Nightcralwer,” said Black Tom, “You have 30 minutes max. Amanda will stay under the watchful eye of Siryn until you return.”

“How nice of you,” he said dryly, “She better be okay vhen I get back. Otherwise I’ll show you firsthand zhe third thing my father taught me.”

With those ominous words Kurt teleported away, leaving a puff of sulfurous smoke in his wake. It was an impressive display and Black Tom had seen many. It should make this little plan of his a lot easier and a lot more interesting. It was almost a shame someone of Kurt’s skill was going to have to go to waste.

Once Nightcrawler was gone, one of his henchmen casually opened the passenger door. He casually stepped out and made his way to the van behind him where Siryn was keeping an eye on Amanda, at least as far as Kurt knew. About halfway to the van the door opened up on the passenger side as well and Siryn stepped out. She bore the same mischievous grin as her father. This was the part of the plan where things got more interesting. Once Kurt gave them what they wanted, he was in for a surprise.

“Is she ready, Siryn?” asked Black Tom.

“Oh she’s ready alright,” grinned Siryn, “I pumped her with enough sedative to down a pack of wolves. She won’t be waking up anytime soon.”

“Good, and what of the little ‘surprise’ I told you to set up?” he asked her.

“It just needs to be armed and she’ll be ready to go. I’ve already wired it to the van’s remote control mechanism. She won’t even know what hit her and neither will Nightcrawler.”

“And with any luck, some media personnel will still be present. They’ll most certainly want a shot of this. It’ll also give us a wee bit of free advertising. I’m sure many prospective clients will be very interested once they see this.”

Siryn couldn’t help but grin. Her father really knew how to cover every angle. It was an elaborate plan, but the payoff potential was huge. Too bad Kurt and Amanda wouldn’t be around to appreciate it.

“Your business sense never ceases to amaze me, father,” she said.

“It’s what I do,” he boasted as he turned back towards the van, “Now then, help me prepare the van. All we have to do now is wait for Nightcrawler and enjoy the fireworks.”
There is so much more I want to do with X-men Supreme. Volume 2: War Powers is just the next step in the evolution of this fanfiction series. I want it to go much further in terms of quality compared to Volume 1: Mutant Revolution. As such, it's very important that I get plenty of feedback and comments. If you have anything to say about X-men Supreme or X-men in general, please feel free to contact me at any time. I'm more than happy to answer any questions or concerns about this fanfiction series! Until then, the next issue is just around the corner and right in time for New Years no less! I hope everybody has a joyous and happy holidays. From X-men Supreme to everyone around the world, peace and love! Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment