Friday, February 11, 2011

X-men First Class Trailer - Just Because

I know I've been among the most cynical when it comes to X-men movies. My eyes still haven't recovered from the cocaine fueled gang-rape that was X3. I've been completely repulsed by the every concept of an X-men movie ever since. But seeing as how people still go to see them, Marvel and Fox are naturally going to keep making them. Now a while back I went on a long rant over the news that X-men First Class wouldn't actually contain the First Class. Maybe I'm weird, but when you call something X-men First Class why not actually follow it? There's a term for calling a movie a name just to evoke a certain response. That term is being a dick.

Whatever the bullshit surrounding the premise of a movie titled X-men First Class, Marvel and Fox are actually going through with it. They have to. They need to keep making X-men movies or they lose the rights. That means they don't have to worry about quality. So long as people see them it doesn't mean shit. That's Hollywood for you. But rather than go on another rant, I'll leave it up to the viewers to decide. If you can watch the X-men First Class trailer without being reminded of the horrors of X3, I envy you.

2 comments:

  1. I have a huge fan of this kind of stuff and i have a great DVD collection of this movie.First of all i like to
    watch them online .Now i will download X-Men: First Class movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I'm still conflicted on whether I should see it. I don't like prequels for which we know will get fucked up worse than Courtney Love in Thailand in the sequels. Depending on what I hear from spoilers, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach.

    ReplyDelete