Friday, August 5, 2011

X-men Supreme Issue 39: Overlord Part 2 PREVIEW

The biggest event in the X-men Supreme fanfiction series has begun! So far, I've received some wonderful feedback. I have very high hopes for this event. I wouldn't be speaking so enthusiastically about it if I didn't believe it was awesome. But in the end, it's up to you wonderful readers to determine whether I deliver! X-men Supreme Volume 2: War Powers has been defined by escalating conflict. The X-men have had to stretch themselves thin, trying to contain the damage done by Magneto in X-men Supreme Volume 1: Mutant Revolution. The first part of Overlord showed that their efforts were not sufficient. The next part will show just how far Magneto is willing to go in order to succeed! As always, I've prepared a preview that I hope will get you wonderful fans excited about this fanfiction series.


“Erik, stop this now!” Xavier demanded.

“Charles…what a pleasant surprise,” said the master of magnetism, “I don’t recall you being scheduled for a visit.”

“This isn’t a visit! This is a confrontation!” said the Professor strongly, “I know you and the Brotherhood have been plotting. I know about the attack on NORAD that freed Juggernaut. You’re up to something! And I won’t let you go through with it!”

“Ah Charles, you never cease to amaze me. I figured you would uncover my little ploy sooner or later. I just didn’t think you would be foolish enough to try and stop me.”

Before the Professor could say another word, Magneto used his powers to literally rip the metal panels from the floor and surround his old friend. He formed a perfectly circular disk underneath his wheelchair and levitated him into the air. Just to make sure he didn’t try anything, he ripped a couple shards of metal from the wall and formed shackles from them that he used to restrain his old friend.

At this point, Hank had seen enough. If the MP’s couldn’t stop him and Charles couldn’t attack him with his telepathy, it was up to him. He summoned his animalistic strength and charged the master of magnetism.

“Charles!” he exclaimed, “Fear not! I will end this now!”

“I thought this prison had a ‘no pets allowed’ policy,” scoffed Magneto.

Before Hank could even get halfway towards Magneto, he directed the gun he used to kill the guard earlier to his position. He accelerated it to high speeds and with the butt of the gun leading the way he struck Hank right on the back of the head.

“Hank!” yelled the Professor.

“He’ll be fine. A minor concussion won’t kill that animal,” said Magneto flatly, “I suppose it’s a good thing you chose to show up, Charles. This way I can make sure you can’t coordinate your X-men to stop me. In addition, you’ll have a front-row seat to the greatest moment in the history of homo superior.”

“I would rather perish than watch you make another vain attempt to slaughter millions of innocent lives,” said Xavier defiantly.

“Don’t tempt me, old friend. I may be inclined to grant such a wish. But time is short. There is much work to be done. The president has been kind enough to release me from this prison so I can carry out my plan.”

“The president released you?” said the Professor in shock, “Why on Earth would he do that?”

“To quote the famous Godfather saying, I made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. Why else would none of those precious safeguards be shut down?”

Now it made sense. The President did have the authority to shut down every area of Guantanamo’s security with a mere phone call. He didn’t even have to tell the guards. He could turn everything off and let Magneto do the rest. Whatever he threatened the President with it had to be serious for him to make such an extreme decision.

“This is madness, Erik! Whatever you have planned, it won’t work!” said the Professor strongly.

“That’s where you’re wrong, Charles,” said the master of magnetism ominously, “You see, I never leave anything to chance. I made sure that I had a backup plan should my attack on Genosha fail. It was put into motion the second you threw me into this prison. Now everything is in place. If your X-men are wise, they won’t try to stop me.”

“My X-men will never sit by while you stage another outrageous assault on humanity!”

“They won’t have a choice. You see, to make sure they will not be equipped to thwart my plans this time I took the liberty of informing the president you and your X-men are helping me with this little endeavor.”

“What?! That’s ridiculous! The President would never believe my X-men would help you after we stood against you on Genosha!”

“Oh come now, Charles, it is really so unreasonable? After the debacle at the trial and your repeated failure on Genosha, perhaps you and your team would get frustrated with the way humans are treating you…frustrated enough to change your tune.”

“That would never happen and you know it!”

“Of course I know it. But I doubt the President is aware.”

Xavier tensed at such a ruthless yet cunning tactic. Magneto was taking his X-men out of the picture by ensuring they would not have the trust or support of any authority. It would be impossible to coordinate, leaving Magneto free to further his plans. After the role they played in his downfall last time, he wasn’t taking any chances.

“My X-men will still try and stop you,” said Xavier firmly.

“Then they are fools,” scoffed Magneto, “It makes no difference whether they try or not. They are already too late. Humanity’s fate has been sealed. Yours has been sealed as well. You’ll see. The whole world shall soon see!”

Before Xavier could say another word, Magneto used a spare metal shard to knock him out. He didn’t him trying to reason with him while he made his escape. With his wheelchair-bound friend still struggling, he continued making his way out of the prison. He carried himself as if he was taking a casual stroll through the park. All the systems had been shut down. All the doors were open. Any guard that came near him faced the same dire predicament as the other MP’s, having their weapons turned against them. Lucky for them, none were foolish enough to try and stop him.

After going through several high security barriers, encountering only minimal resistance along the way, Magneto reached the elevator that would take him too the surface. He didn’t bother waiting for it. Instead, he just used his powers to blow open the heavy metal doors and ascend the shaft himself with Xavier and Hank following close behind. Many more guards were waiting for him at the ground level, but he didn’t give them a chance to get in his way. He shot out of the elevator like a bullet from a gun, blowing a hole in the roof and shaft in the process. Now riding a wave of magnetic energy, he ascended into the clear blue skies and quickly disappeared from the sights of the bewildered guards.

There was no stopping him now. His mind was already made up. His plan was already put into action. Charles and Beast were just coming along for the ride. Now that he was free, humanity was doomed.

In addition to the preview, I have another update to the pics section! A new submission recently came thorugh for the X-men Supreme Official Panels section. Once again, MarvelWriter03 has taken the time contribute a piece to this fanfiction series. It's not from any one issue or scene. It's a nice pinup of Nightcrawler with an X-men Supreme twist on his looks! I think it turned out beautifully and I cannot thank MarvelWriter03 enough for taking the time to make it!

As a reminder, if anyone else out there is interested in doing artwork for X-men Supreme please contact me at any time and we'll discuss it! I'm happy to hear any proposals and I'm more than happy to discuss this fanfiction series or comics in general! As always, I deeply appreciate the support I've gotten. I hope to get more as this fanfiction series grows. Until next time, take care and best wishes! Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment