Friday, February 10, 2012

X-men Supreme Issue 47: The Good, The Bad, The Sinister Part 1 PREVIEW

X-men Supreme Volume 3: Ashes of Hope is off to an eventful start. This fanfiction series has set up some important plots with previous arcs. Some have been revisited. Others haven't. Well as it turns out, X-men Supreme Volume 3: Ashes of Hope hasn't had it's first official multi-part arc yet. So what better time than the return of Mr. Sinister? You saw him make his mark in X-men Supreme Volume 2: War Powers with Sinister Intent. Now he's back and the lingering mystery surrounding one of the X-men's most famous foes is set to be revealed! And rest assured, he won't be alone. The end of Sinister Intent offered some clues as to who he's involved with. The previous issue offered another. It's ready to come together in this crucial moment of this fanfiction series! It begins in an arc entitled The Good, The Bad, and the Sinister. As such, I've prepared an extended preview to offer a hint of what you can expect from this important arc of X-men Supreme.

Professor Charles Xavier sighed as he used the remote control to turn off the TV. He still found himself dwelling on the visions, but for now it would be best for everybody if he shifted his attention to more worldly matters.


“Take the rest of this data and secure it in the archives, Hank. I’ll get back to it later,” said the Professor as he wheeled back over to his desk.


“Of course, Charles,” said Hank with a strong sense of relief, “What are you going to do now? Will it involve other alien riddles?”


“Let us hope not,” he said with a humored grin, “I’m going to give Lilandra a call. I hope my brief absence hasn’t worried her too much.”


“I’m sure she’ll forgive you if she’s that into you,” grinned Logan, “You’d be surprised what women are willing to forgive for a guy they have the hots for. Just ask Jeannie.”


“I hope you’re right, Logan. After all, it would be nice to have something other than conflict to look forward to.”


Hank and Logan were starting to head out while the Professor was reaching for the phone. But just as he was about to grab it, the phone started ringing. It caught him, as well as Logan and Hank, by surprise.


“Damn, she really is psychic. She misses you already,” grinned Logan.


“That would be nothing short of remarkable if this were her. But it appears to be an unknown number.”


“Maybe she wants to surprise you,” shrugged Logan, “Woman like to do that.”


“Since when did you become such an expert on women, Logan?” said Hank cynically.


“Who said I was an expert? I just call ‘em like I see ‘em!”


Xavier rolled his eyes as he answered. But before he could even say hello he heard a strange voice on the other end.


“Don’t say a word, Charles. Just put Logan on the phone right now.”


It was a voice he didn’t recognize, but it didn’t sound friendly. His expression quickly grew grim as he turned back towards Logan and Hank, were just about to exit his office. He had a very bad feeling about this.


“Logan wait,” he said, “It’s for you.”


“For me?” said Logan in confusion, “What the hell could that Lilandra woman want with me?”


“It isn’t Lilandra,” he said, “I don’t know who it is.”


Logan quickly grew suspicious as well. He never got phone calls. Because of his history with the government, he tried to keep a low profile here. Xavier made it a point to ensure there was no contact information or public records that could tie him here. So if someone knew he was here, chances were it wasn’t a good sign.


“Let me see!” growled Logan as he stormed over to the desk and grabbed the phone.


With no sense of phone etiquette whatsoever, he put it to his ear and barked his response.


“Who the hell is this?!” he demanded.


“Heya old buddy. It’s been a while.”


Logan’s expression contorted in a rage as soon as he heard that all too familiar voice.


“Sabretooth!”


“Nice to hear from you too, runt! I’d love to catch up on these past few months, but we still got a score to settle! You and me never finished that little ‘conversation’ back in Canada. And if you aren’t a complete fucking coward you’ll listen up and meet me where I say you will! I’m ready to finish this, just you and me, Logan! Question is, are you?”


Logan clenched his fists and snarled, earning worried glances from the Professor and Hank. As soon as they heard it was Sabretooth, they knew it was trouble.


“Logan, tell me what’s going on?” urged Professor Xavier.


But Logan didn’t listen. He just turned away and growled into the phone.


“Where do you wanna do this bub? Better make it remote because when you’re gonna be screaming like a baby when I’m through with you!”


“Don’t worry. I’ve got the perfect place. Just do as I say and come alone. I don’t want no X-men getting in my way! This is between you and me, Wolverine! Let’s keep it that way!”

I know I've introduced some new characters thus far for X-men Supreme Volume 3: Ashes of Hope. I also know that I usually try to keep the bios up to date when that happens. I haven't been able to due largely to concerns about spoilers. Well after the events of The Good, The Bad, and the Sinister I should finally be able to add some new bios. I want to keep this series comprehensive so that new readers can catch up easily. X-men Supreme is supposed to be a fanfiction series that any fan can get into. There are plenty more stories to tell and some major revelations up ahead. I hope you all enjoy it! Please contact me if you have any questions or feedback. Until then, take care and best wishes. Excelsior!

Jack

1 comment:

  1. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.
    Bogs Women's Classic High Tuscany Rain Boot

    ReplyDelete