Monday, July 23, 2012

Deadpool Video Game: It's as Awesome as it Sounds

I normally don't go out of my way to make a blog post about a video game trailer. Between reviewing comics, getting drunk, and putting strippers through college I really don't have a lot of time for video games. But every so often a game comes along that simply demands I set aside my joint, tell the stripper to go home, and zip up my pants to take notice of an awesome game. But unfortunately for the comic book lover in me, video games based on comic books tend to suck worse than Rosie O'Donnell at a blowjob contest. Do I need to relive the horrors of that shitty X-men game that tied into an equally shitty third X-men movie? Or what about that horrendously shitty Fantastic Four game that tied into yet another shitty Fantastic Four movie? Then there was that ridiculously shitty X-men Destiny game whose only destiny belonged in a trash compactor, a microwave, or Tim Tebow's anus. I could go on, but at the risk of my soul decaying and being expelled along with the explosive diarrhea that these games often induced I'll skip the rest.

Now that's not to say Marvel can't make an awesome game. X-men Legends and Ultimate Alliance had their charm, but they were hardly awesome on the same level as a God of War III or Legends of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Given Marvel's vast cast of characters and equally vast catalog of epic stories, they have no excuse in an age where breast physics have been perfected. So it makes you wonder why they never tried something as logical as a Deadpool game. I mean think about it, what comic character is better suited for a video game? He's crude, he's rude, he's violent, he's witty, and he doesn't mind the fact that he's a fictional character that inspires shitty cos-players at every comic convention. He's shown up in some games like Ultimate Alliance and X-men Legends 2, but he's never had a game to call his own. That oversight ranks right up there with Mel Gibson's oversight regarding when he's being recorded.

But I'm always willing to forgive such oversights so long as they're addressed eventually. That's why I was so excited to see that a Deadpool game trailer was released during Comic Con this year. At first I thought someone spiked my drink again or someone sold me some bad weed. But for once, I'm glad I was sober because it was very real. That's right! A Deadpool game is in the works for 2013! That means I'll have to get drunk an awful lot for the time to pass by fast enough, but if this trailer is any indication I think my liver will forgive me. Nuff said!


No comments:

Post a Comment