Friday, August 31, 2012

CBR: Axel-In-Charge - My Question Asked!

Like most fanboys with too much free time and a drinking problem, I often like to throw random questions at Marvel, DC, and pretty much anyone who will listen and not assume I'm as psychotic as I sound. Most of the time, they don't get answered. To be fair, most of the time they involve questions about Emma Frost's boob size, Jean Grey's butt, Psylocke's legs, and Cyclops's penis (it's not gay if it's the same penis that parties in Emma Frost). But every so often, I will ask a serious question. And every so often, the fine folks at Marvel and sites like Comic Book Resources are generous enough to answer. While I may give them plenty of shit on this blog, they're still the kind of guys and gals I would gladly buy a round of beer and a few lines of blow.

Usually, not a lot of questions get asked in Axel Alonso's weekly Axel-In-Charge column. So when I ask a question, the odds of it getting asked are about the same as not getting kicked in the balls after pretending to be a door-to-door gynecologist at a sorority house. My question was a simple pry for more info on the upcoming Wolverine MAX line. I was going to ask if there was a chance that they would depict Wolverine's penis, but I decided to keep it tame. That and the weed wore off.

CBR: Axel-In-Charge


For fan questions this week, I thought we'd take things in a completely different direction by zeroing in on a corner of the Marvel U near and dear to you: the MAX line. First up MarvelMaster616 stopped by to ask, "First off, I want to say I'm a big fan of the MAX series and I'm glad that Wolverine is finally getting the MAX treatment. Can you tell us how long this series will run? What else can we expect from the MAX series in the future?"

Alonso: "Wolverine MAX" is a 5-issue limited series written by crime novelist Jason Starr and illustrated by Roland Boschi and Connor Willumsen, with covers by the incomparable Jock. I'm super-excited about this series and can't wait for you guys to read it.

He didn't reveal too much and I shouldn't expect him to. I'm sure if they did have plans for the MAX line and all the exposed nipples they offer, they wouldn't reveal it to a drunk with a blog. But just acknowledging my existence goes a long ways. In a world where the front page is dominated by stories of stuff that comes out of Snookie's vagina, that's the best we can hope for. Nuff said!

No comments:

Post a Comment