Friday, November 7, 2014

X-men Supreme Issue #107: Civilization No Longer Lost Part 2 is LIVE!


It's getting colder outside, but things are heating up in the X-men Supreme fanfiction series. Secrets are being revealed. Old enemies are making their move. And the growing conflict is taking the X-men into dangerous and uncharted territory. On one side, they have Selene, the Black Queen, and her magic. On the other they have Sinister and his science. Together, they promise to do a lot of damage and it'll take more than just the X-men's collective effort to stop them. And doing so will come at a price that will have far-reaching implications for the future of this fanfiction series.

But beyond the threat posed by Sinister and Selene, this arc also explores the hidden world of Nova Roma. It's one of the many exotic locations that the X-men have explored over the years, similar to places like Genosha or the Savage Land. But unlike others, Nova Roma was never really explored all that much in the comics. I always thought it had a lot of potential. Since so much of this potential was unrealized in the comics, I've had to throw in a lot of new details in X-men Supreme. The Nova Roma in this fanfiction series is going to be considerably different from what is shown in the comics, but for good reason. And today, some of those reasons will be explored.

In addition to exploring Nova Roma, this issue will introduce the X-men to some important new allies in X-men Supreme. In the comics, Amara "Magma" Aquilla is the character most associated with Nova Roma. In X-men Supreme, this is no exception. But like Nova Roma itself, I've done a few tweaks to her character. I think it's important to give certain characters an overhaul in this fanfiction series to help make them more unique. I've already done that with characters like Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Emma Frost. Now I'll be doing it with Magma and as the conflict escalates, her role will become much more important in X-men Supreme. And it begins today!

X-men Supreme Issue 107: Civilization No Longer Lost Part 2

I understand that whenever I introduce new characters and overhaul their backstory, it carries some level of risk. Fans of X-men and every major comic are very picky about what happens to their favorite characters. I myself am guilty of that from time to time. But for the X-men Supreme fanfiction series, I want to make sure that everything I do for these characters makes them more awesome. X-men has some of the best characters in the history of comics and I don't want to undermine that in any way. And to make sure I succeed in this effort, it's very important that people take the time to provide feedback. I don't know how many die-hard fans Magma has, but I'd love to hear from them or fans of any character. So please take the time to post your review in the comments section of the issue or contact me directly. I'm always happy to chat. Until next time, take care and best wishes. Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment